- About Us
- Books and Movies
- Contact Us
- Library News
- Online Resources
- Your Library Card
- Visit Us
Call for Art
The library would like to exhibit artwork from community artists during the month of May in an effort to allow patrons to explore their personal heritage and enhance cultural awareness of others.
Exhibits will be chosen by staff according to suitability to space, community, and thematic relevance.
Artists interested in exhibiting are invited to submit their work to the Melrose Park Library Adult Services Department. A reproduction of original work and entry sheet may be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person. Please submit at most two works.
For the display in May with the theme ‘Spring’ artists work should be submitted by April 22, 2013.
Notification of selection will be emailed to the artist on April 26, 2013.
2-dimensional works of art including but not limited to sketches, drawings, paintings, canvas, and photographs.
If Artwork is selected:
The library will:
- Showcase work in the library during the month of May and produce a label for each piece of artwork listing title, medium, and date.
- Publicize exhibit in Library newsletter, website, social media, and email list.
- Include exhibit information in library’s quarterly newsletter.
- Provide an exhibition agreement to be signed by the artist and the library.
We do not assume responsibility for damage or losses for artwork.
The artist will:
- Provide the library with the original work ready for display.
- Provide the library with the title.
For additional information, contact the Melrose Park Library Adult Services department at 708-649-7485 or email@example.com.