- Quienes Somos
- Libros, Películas, Música
- Nuevos títulos
- Noticias y Eventos
- Recursos Electrónicos
- Horas y Localización
New Online Resources
Melrose Park Public Library has four new additions to our database collection to meet your research needs! Check out these resources below or through the Online Resources tab on our website. For more information, you can contact the Adult Services Department or visit the EBSCO Support Site.
This resource offers many of the top-ranked biographical reference collections and magazines, a comprehensive collection of full-text biographies, and thousands of unique narrative biographies. It provides superior coverage for several of the most popular and heavily-researched biographies and genres. In addition to keyword searching, you can locate biographies of interest by browsing key categories, including occupation, nationality, publication, and more than 30 genre categories, including actors, artists, authors, current world leaders, explorers, religious leaders, and more.
Biography Reference Center includes:
- More than 461,000 full-text biographies from American National Biography, Biography Today, Biography, Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography, Columbia University Press, and Encyclopedia Britannica, among others.
- Congressional Biographies from the American Reference Library
- Notable American Women
- People in the News Collection
- Profiles of United States Presidents
The resource offers detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter's World, and many more!
Specifically, HCRC includes:
- Full text for more than 1,500 magazines and books
- Access to more than 720 videos
- More than 160 hobby profiles
- More than 3,000 recipes from various health organizations
- A unique, dedicated user interface
Providing exclusive online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference books, Legal Information Reference Center contains hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms, with more content being added on a regular basis.
Legal Information Reference Center contains all of the following and much more:
- More than 13,300 state-specific legal forms
- More than 250 full-text publications
- Thousands of legal forms
- Unique, user-friendly interface
The premier database covering a full spectrum of Spanish-language scholarship inside and outside academia, Referencia Latina offers content from a variety of sources including thousands of encyclopedia entries, an inclusive collection of images, an atlas, health reports, and full text for reference books and general interest magazines in a broad array of subject areas. Includes reputable regional newspaper content with daily updates to ensure availability of the most current articles from a dozen prominent newspapers from 10 Latin American countries such as: El Comercio (Perú), El Mercurio (Chile), El Tiempo (Colombia), El Universal (México), El País (Uruguay), El Nacional (Venezuela), La Nación (Argentina), and La Nación (Costa Rica). In addition, prominent full-text magazines include Automundo, People en Español, Entrepreneur México, Contenido, and Impacto Latin News.
- 49,000 encyclopedia entries
- More than 2,500 health reports
- Over 100 multidisciplinary reference books
- Dozens of general interest magazines in a variety of subject areas
- More than 100,000 images with captions in Spanish
- An atlas consisting of 330 Spanish-language maps